Tuesday 4 February 2014

Cocowell Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Recently , I've become obsessed with Coconut Oil for a number of reasons ! You may or may not know of all the things you can use it for ! I use Cocowell Organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil for numerous things ! 

1. Coconut Oil is a healthy alternative to the likes of sunflower oil or cooking fat ! It can be used for baking , roasting , frying etc. and has numerous health benefits ! 

2. I use this every night to cleanse my face and remove my make up ! I take a small amount and warm it up with my hands allowing it to melt ! I then rub it all over my face and straight away you can see your make up being lifted ! I then grab some wet cotton wool and wipe the war paint away ! I repeat this process , rinsing my face in between , until all my make up has been removed ! I love using Coconut Oil because it contains no harsh chemicals and leaves my face feeling soft and looking fresh !

3. After cleansing my face at night I take a tiny amount ( a small amount goes a long way ) of my Coconut Oil and once again I warm it up with my hands ! I use this instead of a night cream ! It is so moisturizing and I love it ! I also found that marks or blemishes cleared up so much quicker ! If you have oily skin then I probably wouldn't recommend this as it can be quite greasy but can be used alone as an eye cream or just on dry patches ! I've even heard it helps eczema ! I find it a bit oily to wear during the day especially if I'm wearing make up as it isn't a great base but if you are not one for wearing make up or want to thoroughly moisturize your face then why not try some Coconut Oil !

4. You may have seen me mention this one in a recent blog post ( if not here it is : http://allthingshollyblog.blogspot.ie/2014/01/bargain-buys-healthy-hair.html ) ! Coconut Oil is great for your hair ! I use this at least once a month as a hair mask ! I scoop a small amount into a ramequin and melt it in the microwave ! I then rub it through brushed hair ! I recommend you wrap your hair in cling film or tie a plastic bag around your hair ( yes I know it sounds silly ) to trap the heat in ! The mask works a lot better when warm and won't be as difficult to wash out ! I usually leave it in overnight but its not necessary ! After washing it out I always find my hair to be left soft and silky ! My hair also feels moisturized and healthier than it was before ! 
5. Coconut Oil isn't just good for your hair ! It also keeps your eyebrow hair and eyelashes healthy ! I recommend melting it and using an old , clean mascara wand when it to the eyelashes or eyebrows ! You can also add a small amount of argan oil if you like ! I've heard that this mixture can make your eyelashes longer and thicker and will keep your eyebrows looking healthy and thick ! 
This is only a few benefits of Coconut Oil ! It is fantastic especially if you are on a budget ! I picked up a large tub ( 500ml ) for less than €5 in SuperValu and it has lasted me so long ! I can't recommend it enough ! Why not try yourself and see what other uses you can get out of it ? 

Thanks for reading ! 
Holly X



4 comments:

  1. Hello, You just published a very good post here. I just came to your site today for the first time and just like that. So, you are doing a very good job for your beloved readers. I appreciate that too. I may share my thoughts too regarding this topic if you would like to listen and publish that in your blog. Thanks a lot!

    Check mine here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post. I certainly appreciate this website. Keep writing!
    best coconut oil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Buy raw virgin coconut oils of Tiana Fairtrade Organics award winning company in UK.

    ReplyDelete