Sunday 6 April 2014

Review: March's Powderpocket

If you haven't seen my review on last months Powederpocket or you want to find out more about the Powderpocket subscription service click here ! This months box had a great mix of beauty products for hair , skin and nails ! 


1. Herra Protect Hair Perfume


Herra Protect Hair Perfume is a finishing product for protecting and refreshing your hair ! This product is designed to protect hair against UV , pollution and air conditioning while locking in moisture while claiming not to leave the hair feeling weighed down ! It contains sunflower , olive and glycerin extract , this is also a hair perfume keeping your hair smelling delicious ! The fragrance was exclusively designed by Chanel's former house fragrance expert ! Herra is suitable for all lifestyles and all hair types ! Sounds impressive right ? The thing is I only got a very small sample of this product and by very small I mean the bare minimum ! I definitely wouldn't I got to test this product to its full potential but of what I had tried left my hair soft and smooth ! The smell was sweet and very pleasant ! I was quite disappointed with the sample size though as this product sounds quite impressive ! If you want to try it for yourself you will be able to purchase it exclusively at http://www.greatlengthsireland.com/ or at any Great Lengths Certified salon ( 136 nationwide ) for €29.50 !

2. Shiseido Benefiance Pure Retinol Eye Mask


Shiseido's 15 minute express eye wrinkle mask claims to instantly reduces the appearance of visible lines and wrinkles around the eye and mouth area using Pure Retinol Micro-Infusion technology to treat skin quickly and deeply whilst smoothing away wrinkles and dryness ! The eye mask is also said to be highly moisturizing while making the skin look vibrant and youthful ! The eye masks contain Mukurossi Extract which switches off the wrinkle promoting enzymes that cause wrinkles to appear ! I received a pair of eye masks to sample ! I was so excited to try these as I have fine lines under my right eye from sun damage ! The masks are shaped perfectly to fit under the eye ! I applied these directly after cleansing my face ! Once I applied them I sat back and relaxed ! They felt so soothing that I didn't want to take them off but 15 minutes had passed and I had to remove them ! I straight away looked in the mirror to see if the appearance of my fine lines had changed and surprisingly enough they had ! The under eye area looked soft and smooth and dark circles had been reduced ! The lines also looked smoothened out ! It was as if they had instantly been puffed up ! I was very impressed with the results ! It is recommended to use twice a week for the best possible results but unfortunately I had only got the one packet ! I have no doubt that these would bring the promised results though because after one use I was quite pleased ! These are quite the investment at R.R.P. being €63 for a pack of 12 masks but if you are someone looking for a product to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines then it is worth a try ! Available from Debenhams , Arnotts , Clerys , Shaws , Harvey Nichols , Brown Thomas and selected pharmacies nationwide ! Also visit http://home.shiseido.ie/ for more information !

3. Jessica Brilliance Top Coat


Jessica polishes are worn by all the Hollywood celebrities including Rihanna and Juilia Roberts with over 300 colours to choose from ! Brilliance is an advanced new formula that speed ups drying time and adds a high gloss finish to your polish ! After applying my coloured nail polish I applied a coat of Jessica Brilliance Top Coat ! Instantly it left a smooth , glossy finish which I felt really improved the look of my nail polish ! It also dried quite quick so I wasn't left with messy nails ! This is a simple yet effective product which I will continue to use ! Available from http://www.frenchbeautyroom.com/ and leading beauty salons and spas nationwide ( R.R.P. €13.95 ) !

4. The Body Shop Shea Shower Cream


Yeah it's a shower gel ? But what is different ? This comes from The Body Shop's shea range containing creamy shea butter , Ghana's beauty secret ! This claims to leave skin soft and moisturized while leaving a divine scent ! When using this in the shower I was surprised at how little it lathered ! I presume this may be due to its ingredients ! After using this my skin felt soft and moisturized unlike sometimes when I use other shower gels ! The smell is delicious somewhat creamy with a scent of shea butter ( smells similar to vanilla ) ! I have never experienced such nice results from a shower cream so was very pleased ! As a bonus , The Body Shop is associated with fair trade so buying products like this help areas where the ingredients are produced ! To find out more about the shea range drop into any of ' The Body Shop ' stores nationwide or online at http://www.thebodyshop.com/index.aspx ! The Body Shop Shea Shower Cream's R.R.P. is €8.95 for 250ml !

5. Manicare 4 Step File & Shine


This nail buffer claims to give an ultimate high gloss shine in just four steps ! Each panel is labelled with a number ( 1 , 2 , 3 or 4 ) directing you in which order to use it ! 1 is a medium grit nail file which is used to shape the nail ! 2 is a fine nail file which is for smoothing the nail ! 3 is used to remove ridges from the nail and 4 is a buffer to help you achieve a high shine in seconds ! I have to admit this did everything it claims to do ! My nails were left looking healthy , discolouration ( from tan ) had been removed and they had a glossy finish ! The shape of the file made it a lot easier to use ! The file is plastic yet sturdy and is the perfect size to pop into your handbag or make up bag ! For €2.50 ( R.R.P. ) you really can't go wrong as a nail file is always something you will use ! Available from pharmacies nationwide ! Check out Manicare's other beauty products at http://www.manicare.co.uk/4-step-file-and-shine/ !

I was very satisfied with last month's beauty products and I am currently trying and testing the products which I received in this month's Powderpocket !

Thanks for reading ! Hope you enjoyed ! Mwah !
Holly X



No comments:

Post a Comment