Saturday 24 May 2014

All About Using Oils in Place of Using Moisturizers

Hi guys! I know it has been a while since I posted last but I am currently waiting to get my exams over and done with so apologies for the lack of activity and posts on my blog. I promise I will be focusing a lot more on 'All Things Holly' once I am finished my exams so thanks to those who are bearing with me.

Now before I start talking about my favourite oil to use I am going to tell you a little bit about using oils in place of moisturizers. If you want to get straight to the review on the oil I use I will let you skip this bit. Hehe! (Click here for my review on Trilogy's Certified Organic Rosehip oil) 

Recently, I have become obsessed with using oils on my face in place of moisturizer. I find they feel a lot nicer on my skin and have multiple benefits. I know when you think of using OIL on your face you may fear an overly greasy, oily looking face. You might think they will just add to the skin's natural oils but you could not be more wrong. The best way to restore balance to oily skin and prevent it from over producing natural oils is to use a lightweight treatment that contains pure organic plant oils. By doing so, skin's sebaceous glands can slow down natural oil production because the skin is replenished with the natural oil it needs to stay healthy and clear. It is very important that you find a product that states it is 100% pure organic as it contains no harsh chemicals and is less likely to cause irritation. Also, organic oils can be a lot more effective and have multiple benefits. But when they are mixed with chemicals, toxins or harsh ingredients they aren't just as effective. I have found this out through experience and research.


When choosing an oil I recommend picking one for your skin type or for the desired benefits. I spoke to a few women in Health Shops along with doing some research before picking oils for myself but it has taken a bit of trial and error to find the right one. I want you to be aware of the difference between a ’Carrier’ oil and an 'Essential' oil. A lot of 'Essential' oils cannot be applied directly to the skin without being diluted for example, lavender or tea tree oil which can be used as antiseptics for spots. Therefore, 'Essential' oils are not a must and I only recommend using them when needed. Don't apply to your whole face unless directed or given the thumbs up to do so. 'Carrier' oils on the other hand can be used alone and are also used to dilute essential oils and carry them into the skin as the likes of tea tree will just sit on the skin otherwise and cause the skin to produce more oil after drying it out. Examples of 'Carrier' oils are Rosehip, Sweet Almond, Avocado, Argan, Calendula, Coconut etc. All claim to have different effects so find one which suits you best. 

 I have tried Coconut oil, Argan oil, Sweet Almond oil and now I am using Rosehip oil. All have their pros and cons but the Rosehip oil is amaaazing and out of them all is my personal favourite. I will continue to use it as I have found it to have multiple benefits for my skin. Click here to see my review on Trilogy's Certified Organic Rosehip oil.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed! Don't be afraid to drop me a message! Mwah!
Holly X

No comments:

Post a Comment