Friday 19 December 2014

Skin Essentials: Favourite Face Masks

Hi Guys! Hope you are all well. Are you all looking forward to Christmas? Because I am! It has to be my favourite time of year; the atmosphere, shopping, warm fires and cosey clothes. I love it all! I have to admit though I'm not a fan of the weather .. I am a skincare FREAK and the cold weather can have quite a bad effect on my skin. I'm sure a lot of you can relate. This results in our faces needing a little more TLC during the Winter months. My favourite thing to use on my skin to keep it looking and feeling healthy has to be FACE MASKS! These are something that I think a lot of people lack in their skincare routines but they can make such a difference. I went through a really bad stage when my skin was breaking out non-stop. I started using face masks twice a week and I've seen such a huge improvement in my skin since. I have a few favourites, all off which have their own benefits for tackling different problems. I have one for you all. Hehe!

Budget Buy: Montagne Jeunesse Sachets



These are so cheap and can be bought in just about any pharmacy. I have been using these since I was about 11. They were such a treat at sleepovers when I was young. The brand have a huge variety of masks combatting different skin problems, i.e. blackheads, dead skin, blemishes. They are available in peel off, wash off, fabric form, mud and non-drying. They also come in LOADS of different flavours. My favourite has to be the chocolate one (unfortunately they aren't edible...). This one involves applying a thick layer on the face and allowing it to dry before washing it off with warm water. They always make my skin feel soft and smooth. I also love the peel off ones. It's like all the yucky stuff gets pulled off my face and out of my pores. For under €3 per sachet you can't go wrong.

The All Rounder: Trilogy Mineral Radiance Mask

Is your skin in need of a deep cleanse? Well this could be the mask for you. I love, love, looove Trilogy products (I reviewed their Rosehip Oil here)! They use natural ingredients and I always see results. This is a mask I use weekly. I brush it on with a mask brush as its quite liquidy. I will warn you it smells a bit weird ... kinda fishy but nothing overpowering. I never leave it on for longer than twenty minutes. You will see that it dries slightly but in all the time I have been using this mask it has never left my skin feeling tight. This is due to Rosehip Oil which nourishes the skin while the Kaolin clay and Pohutukawa provide the deep cleansing action that they are known for. It washes off quite easily and you are left glowing. My face always looks and feels fresh and clean. I found that it also helps to dry out and get rid of spots. Irish model and former Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model contestant, Holly Carpenter, is also a fan of this mask. In fact, she's the reason I heard about Trilogy products in the first place. I would definitely recommend trying them! The Mineral Radiance Mask is quite inexpensive too, retailing at only €23.95.

Hey Big Spender!: GlamGlow Youth Mud Tingle Exfoliant
The infamous GlamGlow is the Hollywood favourite. There has been so much hype over this face mask. Bloggers and celebrities have been raving about it left, right and centre! It is said to be the secret to perfect skin. Do I agree? Meh... It's great and all but I think it's been slightly overrated! They claim to use the finest ingredients including volcanic rock and active green tea leaves (which you can actually see). The mask is quite thick and grainy as it has an exfoliant in it so I recommend taking care when applying. The grey mask will begin to dry on your face and you will see small spots where it has sucked out all the excess oil and impurities from your pores. Believe me, I was fascinated by this part! People say it tingles but I've never had this feeling... Once the mask was completely dry, it felt very tight. I rinsed it off with warm water, giving my skin a light scrub with the exfoliant in the product. My face felt squeeky clean and my pores instantly looked smaller. My skin was glowing and looked radiant. I was more than impressed after my first use but woke up to see the results didn't last and I had broken out quite bad. I assumed this was due to the gunk that had been pulled up to the surface by the mask. I tried it again a couple of days later to find my skin feeling dried out. I also broke out once again.. I came to the conclusion that this particular one just didnt suit my skin type. GlamGlow have since brought out a series of different masks suited to different skin types which I would LOVE to try.  My experience hasn't put me off completely. If you have very oily skin and would like to get rid of the likes of blackheads then I would definitely recommend this if you are willing to pay the price. The price tag for a 50g jar is quite ridiculous .. It is somewhere between €45 and €60 depending on where you buy which is quite expensive for a clay mask. It is possible to pick up a face mask just as good for half the price.

Natural Choice: OGRA Skincare Peat Face and Body Mask



Oh my God ! I have certainly left the best for last. I have never tried a mask quite like this. The Ogra face mask is made from 100% organic peat. It's completely natural so you aren't putting any harsh chemicals on your face which is always a bonus for me. It is pretty much like sticking muck on your face. It may sound unpleasant but you couldn't be more wrong. Your face may feel heated and you'll come out looking pink but this is due to the peat aiding with blood flow on the surface of your skin. Sounds strange, eh? Wait until you see the results. It will dry after about ten to fifteen minutes and is ready to be washed off. I feel like I have new skin everytime I use it. My skin is left glowing and pores are instantly minimized. It is soft and smooth to touch. The results last for days which is something I havent had with many face masks. And if it's not the face mask you are after you should definitely check out OGRA's other products (review to come). They are just FAB! I have even got others to try them and they were amazed. One of my favourite brands for sure and it's IRISH! I will warn you though this face mask is a little pricey at €59.95 but it is worth every penny. My absolute favourite! Highly recommend!

Have I convinced you to give one of the above masks a try? If I have, let me know what you think. I love hearing from you. Thanks for reading! Mwah!

Holly X

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allthingshollyblog?fref=nf

Instagram: http://instagram.com/hollyfitzsimons
Twitter: https://twitter.com/allthingsholly_



No comments:

Post a Comment