Saturday 3 January 2015

Christmas Haul (Part 1)

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a fab Christmas and New Year! I've been working non-stop so it was so nice to get home, even if it was only for two days. I missed my family and friends so much and it made my Christmas being able to spend it with most of them. I don't believe Christmas is about the presents (call me old fashioned) but I got well and truly spoiled rotten this year and I thought I'd share some of my pressies with you since last years Christmas haul was such a hit. I plan on doing it in two parts as no one really likes heavy reading ..



Alex and Ani Bracelets

I think Alex and Ani bracelets were a popular choice this year. Everyone seems to be sporting them. If you havent heard of them I recommend you take a look at the brand here. They're delicate little bangles with a coin shaped charm. Each charm has a meaning and I think they're just gorgeous. You can wear them alone or collect them and stack them up. I've had my eye on them for a while now and even threw a few hints to the boyfriend. Ahaha! There was a particular Swan charm that I fell in love with but unfortunately it was discontinued just before Christmas. Still I was lucky enough to get two this year; one from my parents and one from my boyfriend. They come in gold and silver. I was delighted I got one in each colour as you can see below. I even picked one up for my Mam. She loved it! The standard price is €30 but may vary.





EOS Lip Balms

My Nanny never fails to keep me stocked up on the latest trends. The EOS (Evolution of Smooth) lip blams have been proving popular in the last year and even celebrities have been spotted using them. They're paraben and petroleum free and contain natural and organic ingredients. I think they have become so popular due to their unique shape. They come in a sphere shape, not your typical pot of balm or push up tube. They also come in a variety of delicious flavours. I got one in Pomegranate Raspberry and Strawberry Sorbet. They smell quite sweet but it's nothing too overpowering. I love the packaging. They are so handy to throw in your handbag or pop in your pocket (they haven't left my side since the day I got them). They really do leave your lips feeling soft and smooth. They relieve that dry feeling without leaving a sticky or greasy coating. Definitely going to try some more flavours when these run out. My Nanny picked these up in Boston and I am yet to see them here in Ireland but watch this space !



'My Burberry' Perfume

Another pressie from my Nanny (she spoils us rotten). Hehe! She had seen my feauture on the Shemazing! website and had noticed that I mentioned one of my favourite scents, Burberry Baby. I use to rob it from my Mam. My Nanny looked everywhere for it but no where in Boston sold it so she picked me up an alternative. I was over the moon when I pulled this gorgeous 'My Burberry' gift set out of the bag. I love switching up my perfumes and I tend to do so every year. The gift set came with a 'My Burberry' Moisturising Body Mist and a big bottle of perfume. They both smell devine! The Body Mist has a light infusion of the perfume itself which has become one of my new favourites.They say perfumes smell different on everyone and to me this is a very classic scent. 'My Burberry' was inspired by 'the trench coat and its heritage of Britsh deisgn and craftsmanship' - Burberry. At €55 (30ml), €82 (50ml), €118 (90ml) and €2,600 (900ml, if you're drinking the stuff...), it ain't cheap but if you're like me and use perfume sparingly then you mightn't mind paying the money for quality and something that is going to last. I believe if you have a good perfume there should be no need to drench yourself in it. People should be able to smell it off you after a few spirts.



New Look Black High Waisted Skinny Jeans

Santy brought me some fab clothes this year but these are my new looove ! I may seem biased since I work in New Look but I can honestly say they're the best fitting jeans I own. River Island and Topshop are usually top of my list when going to buy jeans and trousers but I have been won over. I have such long legs that I struggle getting jeans that aren't half way up my leg. Not every shop does jeans in long length but fortunately for me Santa knew exactly what I needed when browsing on the New Look website. Hehe! I was in need of a pair of black skinny jeans and high waisted are my favourite. I find them so flattering on everyone, any shape or size. These in particular fit like a second skin. They're from the New Look Premium collection and are €44.99 which is a great price for a quality pair of jeans. Get yours here.

Penneys Silver Metallic Heels

Penneys have been stepping up their game recently, especially with their footwear. I spotted these a couple of weeks ago and my sister insisted she'd buy them as part of my Christmas present. They are so fab and surprisingly comfortable. They are very high but I ended up lasting the whole of Stephens night in them. Also the price is ridiculous! €18 is dirt cheap for a pair of heels. Grab them quick girls before they're gone.


Be back in the next couple of days with part 2 lovelies. Stay tuned! Mwah!
Holly X


No comments:

Post a Comment