Sunday 4 January 2015

Christmas Haul (Part 2)

Hello my lovelies! Hope you liked part one of my Christmas Haul. If you haven't seen it and would like to, click here. This is going to be a continuation of the previous so lets get started!

MAC Keepsakes Holiday Collection 2014 - Natural Face Palette

Firstly, how gorgeous is the packaging? Glitter is my fave! This was, once again, compliments of my Nanny. MAC bring out a Christmas collection annually and this year offered an array of pigments, eye shadow palettes and face palettes. My Nanny picked this one out for me. Fab isn't it? It contains two lipsticks, a cream-coloured base, three eyeshadows and an iridescent face powder. I'm yet to try it but MAC's products and the quality never fails to impress me. At this very minute this palette is completely SOLD OUT on the MAC website but it's still available from Brown Thomas for €60.




Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse O.R. Shimmering Dry Oil

This has been on my wishlist for a long time now. It is a multi-purpose oil that can be used on your face, body or in your hair. It claims to be non-greasy yet still promises to moisturise and nourish whether it be skin or hair. It's also an illuminator as it contains golden shimmer. It is available without the illuminator but just imagine how gorgeous this would look over a tan.  Perfect for Summer! See the picture below using the flash. Look at it glistening! So excited to use it. I plan on doing a full review once it has been tried and tested. Get yours from feelunique.com, the Nuxe website or selected pharmacie nationwide for €26.88 (50ml) or €43.52 (prices may vary).

 With flash

Without flash

New Look Stone Faux Fur Gilet

Is it just me or has everyone been wearing gilets this Winter season? I highly approved of the trend and wanted in, so I kindly asked Santy to drop one under the tree for Christmas day. I struggled to find a nice one that wasn't overpriced... I saw this one in New Look and just fell in love. I had to have it! It's lined with satin with great quality faux fur. It isn't too long in length and sits just below my hips. It's inbetween a stone beige and lilac colour. It feels so soft and looks great on. Unfortunately, they sold out like hot cakes and there was only size 10s left so it is slightly too big but nothing too outrageous. This was one of the less expensive gilets that I found but it still came to €49.99. I think a lot of people feel the same as they are currently out of stock online as well as instore. New Look do have a variety of other gilets if you are looking but if you still think the price is too steep why not take a look in Pennys/Primark. I spotted a cream woolen gilet with a brown tie around today. It was gorgeous! Grab your gilets quick girls because it won't be long before the Spring collections start taking over.


Benefit 'Girl Meets Pearl' Highlighter

 Shimmery highlighters have become one of my favourite make-up products. I was delighted when I got this from my boyfriend's sister. I now have another to add to my collection and to help me achieve that sought after dewy look. As you can see from my swatch below, this liquid highlighter is more of a metallic pinky pearl colour. Can't wait to use it on my face. As for the packaging? You can see for yourself that Benefit have the cutest and prettiest boxes and containers and this is certainly no exception. Pretty in pink! Available from any Benefit stockist including Debenhams and larger Boots stores for €35.



Rimmel Pink Rose Blush

My 12 year old little sister is so cute and always makes sure she has something to give me on Christmas day. I got a gorgeous ring as well as this blush. A couple of weeks ago, I was home in Cavan and had forgotten to pack blusher so had to go rooting through my Mam's make-up bag. I had found this little beaut and fell in love with the shade (wearing it below). It is a deep pink shade and really gives you rosey cheeks. It's very soft and subtle. It is one of few drugstore products that I really like and Rimmel is easily available to everyone. Nearly every pharmacy stocks the brand along with some selected supermarkets and it costs no more than €6. BARGAIN!




So that's it for my Christmas Haul of 2014! I hope you enjoyed it. One of my New Years resolutions this year is to try and blog as much as I can. Its not a task .. I love it! The problem is finding the time between college and work but I'm a woman on a mission. Mwah!
Holly X

No comments:

Post a Comment