Wednesday 27 May 2015

Review: MAC Prep and Prime Fix+

Today I have a little review for you. Setting sprays have become all the rage in the past year or so. To be honest they weren't something I felt that I had to try but after a fellow make-up student recommended the MAC Fix+ I decided to give it a shot. There is huge range of setting sprays on the market today with brands such as Urban Decay, Inglot and Nyx jumping on the bandwagon. The good thing about these sprays is that they have many uses from making your make-up last longer to renewing your dried up gel liner.




I got my hands on the mini 100ml version of the MAC Prep and Prime Fix+ from the MAC Pro Store on Grafton Street (only Pro Stores do the travel sizes). I felt there was not much point forking out €30 for a full size bottle with the possibility it could be left on my dresser with no desire to use it again. 

To my surprise, I am now ADDICTED to the stuff and two days ago, I picked up the full size bottle. I use it every time I put on make-up. You know that dried up powdery finish that can be left on your skin after you apply your setting powder ? Well, with a couple of spurts of the Fix+ the powdery look is gone. You don't lose the effect of the powder just the dry finish which, lets be honest, no one really wants. I love using this on a night out too. I never have to reapply make-up to freshen up my appearance. With the Fix+ it will look as it did when you just applied it. Fresh and fabulous leaving a dewy finish. It is a little gem to have in your handbag.

 The MAC Fix+ may be a setting spray but it also has many other uses. You can use Fix+ with eye shadows, pigments and glitters to add intensity to the colour and to help them stay in place. Adding a small amount of this to dried up gel eyeliner or mascara will help bring your products back to life. You can even spray this on to the face prior to applying make-up as a primer. I was also told it can act as a detangler for your hair. This isn't a one trick pony, I can assure you that! I'm recommending it to everyone and it is a product that is always in my handbag everywhere I go.




So if your one who has trouble with keeping your make-up on and making it last the duration of the day, a setting spray may be the answer for you. Why not give it a go for yourself? Let me know what you think. 

Thanks for reading. Mwah!


No comments:

Post a Comment