Sunday 7 June 2015

Wedding Outfit Details

On Sunday, I was at my boyfriend's sister's wedding. The ceremony was held in Butlersbridge church and the afters in the Radisson at the Farnham Estate in Cavan. The venue was fabulous as was the food, music and entertainment. As for the bride! Well .. She was absolutely stunning. Her dress was astounding! Her hair and make-up was perfection! She looked like a princess! I could not have imagined a better day for the groom and bride. The whole day ran so smoothly and the weather could not have been better. I am so happy for Caoimhe and Mark and I can tell they are too. I really do wish them all the best for the future and much happiness!

Now for my outfit! I have never ever struggled so much to find something to wear. In total, I'd say I bought 5-6 dresses, returning one and picking up the next. Nothing felt right! Dressing for a wedding is difficult especially at a young age. Everything is either old fashioned or OTT and not suitable. I didn't want to be seen in the same dress as anyone else. I first picked up a River Island dress but saw several photos on Facebook of girls wearing the same dress. That was a big NO NO! After weeks of searching, I found the dress below and fell in love. The Floral Cami Dress is from Michelle Keegan's range for Lipsy London. I have never tried on a dress that fitted so well and made me feel so good. I just had to have it. I bought mine from Debenhams for €78. Yes it is quite pricey but you are paying for quality. You'll also find Lipsy available online.


I paired it with a pair of 'barely there' mint sandals from New Look and a turquoise pashmina scarf from Marks and Spencers. I had a pair of turquoise pumps on standby from Penneys/Primark for the sore feet later in the night.









Ballerina Pumps: Under €10 (Can't remember exact price)

As I was staying in the hotel I decided there was no need for a bag or clutch. I kept it simple with accessories and opted for a nice pair of statement earrings (can we just take a moment to praise H&M on their fabulous jewellery?) and a delicate bracelet. 


Earrings: €6.99 (H&M) 

I'd also like to give a shout out to Carol from CC's Nails and Beauty, Cavan, who very kindly fitted me in last minute and did my nails. I got a gorgeous set of gel nails in a nude colour with a silver glitter polish on my ring finger. I'd highly recommend this little gem in Cavan town. Check out their Facebook page here.


And there you have it! I hope you like my outfit as much as I did. Mwah!
Holly X

No comments:

Post a Comment