Wednesday 18 June 2014

Review: Ren Clarimatte Invisible Pore Detox Mask

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the lack of posts lately. As most of you know I have been doing exams the last couple of weeks. All went well and I am now hoping to be able to concentrate on my blog a lot more. It is such a relief to have them over and done with and have all this time to work on bigger and better things. I just want to thank everyone for your support so far and your patience.

Recently, I have been on a mission to make my skin look its best. I have added some new products into my skin regime and face masks are just one of those things. I vary them as I don't want my skin to become used to a product and become less effective. I vary between two to three face masks once to twice a week. I wouldn't recommend to use face masks anymore than twice a week as it may dry out the skin.

So today I am going to review Ren Clarimatte Invisible Pore Detox Mask. I was sent multiple samples by Ren Skincare but this was one of the first products I tried and LOVED! This is a clay mask which claims to reduce the appearance of pore size and blackheads and leave the skin purified, smooth and toned whilst also drawing out impurities. Sounds impressive right ? This sounded as if it was exactly what I needed as my skin was looking dull and at the time I was suffering from blackheads and large pores. 

The only thing that worried me about this mask was the fact that it was a detoxifying mask, in other words it detoxes your skin and draws out impurities. This left me with the fear of breaking out as it is bringing oils and dirt to the surface. I did some research and I found that it was normal to breakout after facials or detoxifying face masks like this one. With continuous use the condition of your skin is more likely to improve. It's like the old saying 'it must get worse before it gets better'. This certainly applies to this situation and if you are willing to take the couple of weeks with a few breakouts, I can say with confidence that it will definitely be worth it in the end. You will be one step closer to clearer and healthier looking skin.



Once a week I apply a generous amount of this clay mask to a cleansed face avoiding the eye area. I usually prefer peel off masks over wash off masks but this was an exception. I watched as it dried. I was able to see where it was soaking up the oils from large pores. It might sound disgusting but I liked the fact I was able to see what was going on. After about 15 minutes when the mask had completely dried I washed it off with luke warm water and a facecloth. I used rosewater on cotton wool to tone and make sure all the mask had been removed. I patted my face dry.

From my very first use I was able to see results. Instantly, the look of my pores had been reduced and my skin looked radiant and fresh. I was so impressed. Even for days after my skin felt amazing and was glowing BUT I did begin to breakout. It started off with just a few but after a couple of weeks of use I could see my skin getting worse especially around the mouth and chin area. Even now I have multiple breakouts but I can see them disappearing as time goes on. Don't let this scare you off as I know in a week or two this will stop happening as the mask will have completely detoxed my skin, removing all dirt and impurities.

I could not be happier with this mask and will definitely be buying the full size product. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with oily skin or someone who suffers from blackheads or large pores. This may not bother some people but Ren Clarimatte does not contain parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMOs and triclosan. This is always a plus for me as I don't like using harsh chemicals on my skin. 

For €28 from cloud10beauty, it may sound expensive to some but I can assure you that a 30ml bottle would last you a long time. The Ren Clarimatte Invisible Pore Detox Mask is also available from Sephora, feelunique.comrenskincare.com, Marks and Spencers and other Ren stockists. Prices may vary.

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions or queries don't be afraid to drop me a message! Mwah!
Holly X



No comments:

Post a Comment