Sunday 21 September 2014

Mini Shopping Haul

Over the past few months I've been working hard and decided to treat myself. I thought I'd share some of my buys with you. Who knows, you might see something you like. Hehe!

1. Black Block Heel Chelsea Boots


I picked these beaut's up in New Look for €29.99. I was on the search for a pair of Chelsea boots that I could wear both day and night. I can always rely on the huge range of footwear in New Look to find what I'm looking for. It was hard to choose with such a variety but I just fell in love with these. The heel isn't too high so they are suitable for day and will dress up an outfit perfectly, yet they're high enough for a night out too. I was impressed by just how affordable these shoes could be.

2. Light Wash Ultimate Boyfriend Jeans



I am a girl who loves her skinny jeans. I never thought I would wear anything else as I didn't feel straight leg or baggy jeans suited me but I found myself on the search for a pair of boyfriend jeans. I liked the casual look of them with the tears. I've always loved ripped jeans and I'd seen several celebrities pairing these style jeans with a simple white tee or dressing them up with a pair of strappy barely there heels. I found this pair in River Island for €55. River Island jeans are always great quality so I was willing to fork out that little bit extra. They are so comfortable and can be worn rolled up above the ankle or regular. Definitely a good buy!

3. MAC Lipstick and Lip Liner


Kylie Jenner has reportedly had her lips done and her most recent photos are catching everyones attention. Who doesnt want lips like that? I made a trip to MAC and asked them how to achieve the Kylie Jenner nude lip. I was recommended a lip combo consisting of a lip liner and lipstick. The lip liner that is more commonly used was sold out so I got the next best thing, the MAC Pro Longwear in Nice 'N' Spicy. I love it! It is the perfect matte nude and lasts sooo long (hence the name 'Pro Longwear'). This was paired with the MAC lipstick in Brave. This lippy has a satin finish which I think is gorgeous. The pictures above probably aren't very true to colour so I will post a look soon using these products. 


4. Fedora


The fedora hat is being worn by every second woman I see! Okay maybe that's slightly exaggerated, but from working in W.H. Smith, I've noticed that these over sized hats seem to be a statement and key piece in airport fashion. They were sold out everywhere I went and like myself, everyone seems to be trying to get their hands on one. Today, I paid a visit to Daisy Dukes in Cavan. As you can imagine, my face lit up when I saw the fedora. They had a choice of red and black. I decided to go with the black. If you too are looking for one of these pretty hats then why not head over to the Daisy Dukes' Facebook page and have a look or pop into the lovely boutique and pick up yours for just €15.

5. MAC Skin Finish 

 

I have heard so much about the MAC skin finishes and was curious to try them for myself. MAC have a huge range of highlighters but 'Global Glow' really stood out to me. I thought the gold tone of the shimmery powder would add warmth and a slight glow to the face. I was right. This stuff is amazing! I like to use it on the tops of my cheeks, down the bridge of my nose and on my cupids bow. It looks as if it smoothens out the skin. I will definitely be adding this to my daily make-up routine!

6. Over-sized Jersey Top


What shopping trip is complete without picking up some basics? H&M is the place to go for the simple things. I was in desperate need of a red/wine coloured top to go with my tartan cape (from my recent blog post 'What I'm Loving This Week'). All I wanted was a simple cami top or t-shirt but I couldn't find one anywhere but I knew I could rely on good oul' H&M. I found both cami and jersey tops in the EXACT colour I wanted. I went with the oversized jersey top. It has the look of a jumper with thin knit and fits lovely. It's loose and fitted in all the right places. These tops come in a ray of colours and for €14.99 you cant go wrong.

I kept it short and sweet but will hopefully be able to do a lot more of these in the future. I plan to do them through video rather than typing them up so keep an eye out. Hehe! Anyway thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed. Mwah!
Holly X



No comments:

Post a Comment