Thursday 20 November 2014

Review: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation

I know its been a while but I am sorry for the huge gaps inbetween each post (once again .. I seem to start off every blog post with an apology). I have been sooo busy with college and starting my new job in New Look but I am on a mission to make time for blogging since its something I love so much and am very passionate about. I even wrote up a draft of this post on the bus home from college the other day. Hehe! 
Anyways, since I am in the city so often it has given me the perfect excuse to explore Dublin and try and find the Make Up Forever brand that I have been searching for for so long. I first thought I'd find a MUF stand in the likes of Brown Thomas or Clery's but no luck .. I eventually found their very own store just off Grafton Street. I couldn't resist picking up the HD Foundation on my first visit. I have been on the hunt for their HD Foundation for so long but never knew where to find it. I have heard of so many Make-Up Artists and Beauty Bloggers using it. My college tutour also recommended it telling me it was one of the best foundations she has ever used. I had to have it! 
I tried to get the closest match in colour to my MAC Studio Sculpt NC30. I was told that shade 123 was the best tan shade for pale skin (and trust me I am pale .. like milk bottle pale). It has a yellow undertone and gives that golden look to the skin without looking orange which is something I always look for in a foundation. The woman helping me also threw in a few samples of 125 to try out. So off I went as happy as Larry with my purchase dying to give it a go.


First impressions were really good and after trying it out for a couple of weeks I have to say I am more than impressed. It has to be one of the best foundations I have EVER used (needless to say I have tried a LOT!). Firstly, the coverage is medium to full and very buildable which I love. I love a full coverage foundation and I have never had one quite like this. It gives a gorgeous finish. I was told it dries to a matte, non shiney finish which I dont usually like but this is the perfect inbetween something silky and matte. It completely evens out and smoothens out the skins colour and texture and really does give that HD effect. The 123 is the perfect tan shade and matches my fake tan to a T. In my opinion, 125 looks lighter than 123 but is more brown in colour. Below I am wearing 125. This HD Foundation also photographs really well which is always a bonus.





I am dying to get this foundation in more shades to add to my kit. I also got my sister to try out some of the testers and she loves it just as much as me. The only thing is you will pay a but more for this than drugstore brands. Some may find €40.50 quite steep but I feel it is well worth it!
So if any of you want to give it a try, why not pop into the Make Up For Ever store on Claredon Street just off Grafton and take a look. Or you can always look online at www.mufe.ie.

Thanks for reading dolls <3 Mwah!
Holly X





No comments:

Post a Comment